My friend and teammate Larry Fitzgerald once told me, “The game of football is 90% mental. It’s only 10% physical.” This statement was telling because it was a response to my question about what made him so great. This answer was also telling because it was coming from arguably the best wide receiver in the
My friend and teammate Larry Fitzgerald once told me, “The game of football is 90% mental. It’s only 10% physical.” This statement was telling because it was a response to my question about what made him so great. This answer was also telling because it was coming from arguably the best wide receiver in the game—and a future hall of famer for sure. At first I didn’t understand it, but now, that revelation is as clear as day.
After breaking my leg last year and momentarily losing the game I love, I changed my mind. I made a promise to myself that I take advantage of every opportunity I had while on the football field. That I wouldn’t be afraid to make the big play and that I would capitalize on EVERY opportunity. I made a decision that day. I decided to be great.
I decided to win my 1-on-1 matchups, to be a playmaker, and to be a finisher. I decided to do all the little things right on the football field. I decided never to take the game for granted again. I decided to change my mind.
Though on the football field we’re all physically talented, only a few people realize, like Fitz did, that the game is less about your physical statute, and more about your heart and your mind. I believe. Do you?
- RT @Padric_Beast: @TheSamAcho @thEMANacho if you're the older brother Sam you're lying. Older brothers always lie lol,
- Am i hallucinating, or did I just see a man running in sweats at 4:26pm in the 108 degree heat in Phoenix.. #needmyeyeschecked,
- There's nothing like having a brother. Just spent 45 minutes reminiscing w/ @thEMANacho over childhood memories & how I beat him in Madden,
- RT @JacobsMainn: @TheSamAcho #letsfreakingo !!! Thanks for the brackets man! http://t.co/XDOHyTUZpY,
- RT @HoodJesusYo: Two things make life bearable fam 1. Jesus 2. http://t.co/g4fs0ZfhzX,
- Here we go Horns!!! #HookEmBaby,
- What I am excited about today is that college football is back... Gotta love Saturdays #LFG,
- Best of luck to all you guys. I'm rooting for you and you have a better future ahead. Keep training, keep grinding, keep believing. - Sam,
- Today is the worst day in football. Over 700 players got cut. No one talks about this day in the NFL, but it's the sad reality.,
- Did anyone else hate picture day at school or was that just me?,
- RT @thEMANacho: "If He did it before, He can do it again. Same God right now, same God back then" #Eagles Vs. #Jets 7 est. on NFL Network #SoliDeoGloria,
- People make mistakes. People lie. People are immature. You are not above it. Neither am I. One easy remedy... Forgiveness,
- Had a blast at the @BelieveMeFilm prescreening. Y'all gotta go check this one out http://t.co/ddhZwS2HTQ,
- Today is the day!! Let's FREAKIN GO!! #CINvsAZ #LFG,
- Hate hearing about what happened to Sam Bradford. Injuries suck. This is sad news, but I know he's a man of faith and he WILL overcome it,