People often wonder what God’s plan is for their lives. They go through life lost and confused, searching for answers. Recently I saw #IfICouldTalkToGod trending on Twitter. People used this hashtag to post thoughts or messages they would tell God if they could talk to him. Here were a few of the messages I came
People often wonder what God’s plan is for their lives. They go through life lost and confused, searching for answers.
Recently I saw #IfICouldTalkToGod trending on Twitter. People used this hashtag to post thoughts or messages they would tell God if they could talk to him. Here were a few of the messages I came across:
#IfICouldTalkToGod I’d thank Him for my many blessings and then listen to hear what He wanted to say to me.
#IFICOULDTALKTOGOD I would ask Him why my baby girl had to die and ask Him to help my son become the man he was created to be
#IfICouldTalkToGod I’d thank him for the strength he has given me for the life He has given me
There was another recent trending topic, #ThingsJesusNeverSaid, mainly aimed at people who misquote the Bible. Some of these tweets were humorous, and others revealed deep pain. But most of all these messages showed me that a lot of people are confused.
When I first saw #IfICouldTalkToGod popping up in my feed I thought, “If?! You can talk to God. And he can talk to you!”
People laughed at Russell Wilson after the Super Bowl loss when he said God told him he wanted him to be strong for others. They were shocked at the notion that God still speaks to people, perhaps supposing that because he’s Russell Wilson, God must really be on his side. I mean, look at the man’s history!
May I submit to you that God can and does speak to us? May I submit to you that we don’t have to quote #ThingsJesusNeverSaid, because we know exactly what he did say?
Just because things may not be going your way, doesn’t mean God doesn’t love you. He does. He always will.
You know why I can say these things with confidence? Because God said it himself. We have a record of #ThingsJesusDIDsay, like this: “For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day” ( John 6:40).
So don’t give up. Don’t be discouraged when people tell you that God’s not real and that he doesn’t care about you. When you have those doubts, turn to Philippians 1:6, which says, “He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
God has begun a good work in you. He knew you before he formed you in the womb. He started a good work in you, and He will complete it – not because it’s your will, but because it’s God’s will.
- RT @deonebucannon20: Kinda messed up how everyone bashin Trent Richardson .... Loved watching him in college still a great player in my opinion,
- Now THAT would be a game changer https://t.co/JEjWDbpFjM,
- If this isn't the definition of a perfect parking space, I don't know what is @ChipotleTweets #frontandcenterofgood http://t.co/rcLgzit65w,
- Thank you for making my time at Texas so memorable. You are an amplifier in every sense of the word https://t.co/E0d2u3a6ze,
- RT @RickWarren: Saying I'm a "spiritual" person is easy. Modern spirituality is self-centered and narcissistic. Following Jesus is hard.,
- RT @ClifMarshall: The cross has made you flawless... http://t.co/AYGfyOPX3E,
- RT @thEMANacho: One thing people will never question is my toughness. And that will take you a long way! #FlyEaglesFly,
- RT @thEMANacho: "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." #TrustGodsPlan,
- A lot of people have a lot of questions regarding God... Here's my take http://t.co/Rku4i12nj9 #ificouldtalktoGod #ThingsJesusDidSay,
- God is faithful. Great team win #BEARDOWN,
- RT @timkellernyc: Jesus is one of the following: Lord, Lunatic, Liar, or a Legend. Only four possibilities. One truth.,
- God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. He's the same yesterday, today and forever... He who began a good work...,
- RT @darrinpatrick: Any person that says, "Of course I wouldn't do ______" doesn't know their own heart.,
- RT @HoodJesusYo: Treat others as Chick-Fil-A treats your taste buds,