Remember that time when you did a traditional Nigerian wedding in Africa and then didn’t get to see your “wife” for seven and a half months? Also, do you remember that time when you filed a fiancée visa for her, then found out that 80% of fiancée visas out of Nigeria get rejected? Remember that
Remember that time when you did a traditional Nigerian wedding in Africa and then didn’t get to see your “wife” for seven and a half months?
Also, do you remember that time when you filed a fiancée visa for her, then found out that 80% of fiancée visas out of Nigeria get rejected?
Remember that time when you only got a chance to spend a total of five weeks with her over the last year and a half?
Those are some pretty tough memories.
But do you remember the time when you CELEBRATED that traditional Nigerian wedding in the middle of a village in front of 2000 people—friends, family, and loved ones—and how it was the best day of your life?
Or that time when you got the call from your fiancée saying that the US embassy had APPROVED the fiancée visa that you had been waiting for for nine months?
What about the time when she came into the United States of America for the first time EVER, and you got to see her, hold her, kiss her, and show her your world?
The first three scenarios could be some of the toughest moments in someone’s life. But those last three make them all worth it. The joy you feel in those last three can’t even be compared to the heartache you felt in the first.
That’s how life is sometimes. You go through some of the toughest times and you think that you have nothing left in the tank. You think there’s no hope. Then you see the light at the end of the tunnel, and you run towards it full speed ahead. That light makes it all worth it…
But what would I know? None of this has ever happened to ME before… ;)
- Congrats to @tram_mai!!! Babies coming soon!! #MaiTwins,
- RT @stacia_naquin: Shout Out and #FollowFriday to the beautiful @tram_mai as she marks her last day @12News before her babies arrive!! :) #MaiTwins @EVBLive,
- This game is CRAZY!! #SunsVsThunder #GeraldGreen,
- Let's go @Suns!!! Gerald Green is putting the team on his back! Being from Dallas, I never thought I'd cheer for the Suns.. But now!!,
- RT @kurt13warner: Ever have so many things going on that u can't wrap ur head around any of them long enuf 2 actually get something done? That was me today!!,
- RT @JForsett: Check this video out on my Amazing Wife!! http://t.co/IplYDtIzjW #MyRib #HerTestimony,
- I love Jesus, and that's pretty cool. But what's even mind-blowing is how much Jesus loves me!!,
- When I'm going through hard times, this is what makes it all worth it. http://t.co/g4pUf857b6 What makes it all worth it for you? #LFG,
- RT @MPTuiasosopo: Got @KB_HGA "Undefeated" on repeat! #turnup you got that @TheSamAcho,
- RT @houghmc: @TheSamAcho I game planned against you as a player while I was coaching high school football. Not much luck! http://t.co/dvFKPgJGkp,
- RT @Suns: RT if you believe in a comeback. #SunsVsClippers,
- Yes!! This is epic! And it's not even #tbt! Absolutely NO facial hair lol and trying to mug lol thanks @houghmc http://t.co/kh2MpFRka6,
- Side note: Deandre pre-NBA was significantly worse than he is now @Londieeee .. He hadn't grown into his body yet. I was still proud tho!,
- Little known fact about me: I played the 6'10" Deandre Joran in HS and held him to 9 pts.. He also blocked all my shots #SunsVsClippers,
- And here's the video.. It has 93 million views, but if you've already seen it, watch it again! http://t.co/CAf2hlkVL0 @Pharrell #Happy,